December 21, 2015
Contact: Gayle Lynn Falkenthal, APR 619-997-2495 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(SAN DIEGO) – In the quickly evolving field of cosmetic dermatology, predicting trends can be tricky as clinical trials provide new information about ways to treat common concerns of patients. Cosmetic Laser Dermatology of San Diego pursues an ambitious schedule of clinical trials and is therefore perfectly positioned to predict the top trends available to patients in the year to come.
The leading trend seen overall is an increase in nonfacial rejuvenation treatments, as patients address the many areas other than the face that give away a person's age. This can including tightening and lifting the buttocks, knees, elbows, upper arms and abdomen without surgery or downtime. "Many patients simply can't afford the downtime and don't want invasive surgery. They are eagerly embracing new less invasive treatments when they learn about them," said Dr. Douglas Wu, board certified dermatologist with CLDerm.
"We can now offer a real life three-dimensional rejuvenation with combination therapy addressing every layer of the aging face, neck, chest, hands for a synergistic effect. Putting all the treatments together means no single area reveals aging skin which can age you," said Dr. Wu.Based on the consensus of CLDerm's experienced cosmetic dermatologists and industry developments, these are the Top Ten Trends in Cosmetic Dermatology predicted for 2016:
- Body contouring continues to be on the top of consumers' minds. There has been a 53% increase in body contouring procedures since 2012 according to ASDS surveys. New treatments to eliminate unwanted fat include the Lumenis Ultima and new painless injectable treatments to minimize the appearance of cellulite (collagenase). Use of injectables (Kybella) and the Coolmini in combination.
- Addressing unwanted fat in tough to treat areas such as the bra fat roll, knee fat, suprapubic area and banana roll.
- Skin tightening of body areas is a top concern, with growth predicted for a new skin tightening procedure for ALL body areas, the second generation enhanced Thermi.
- New laser treatment to treat stretch marks (Resurfx).
- New laser treatment to minimize facial wrinkles, the fractionated Picoway laser.
- New injectable to rejuvenate sun damaged skin and minimize fine lines, Restylane Silk Micro.
- New ways to improve feminine genital health through vaginal rejuvenation procedures including the ThermiVa.
- New laser and injectable treatments to minimize acne scars (using Belafil plus Resurfx.
- New treatment with lasers and topical medication to treat skin cancer (Enchanced PDT).
- Plasmonic nanotechnology for the targeted treatment of acne and unwanted hair (Sienna).
"This field of medicine changes quickly as researchers develop new treatments and procedures to meet growing patient demand," said Dr. Wu. "I am confident we will look back at the end of 2016 and see treatments we didn't predict. This is why cosmetic dermatology is such an exciting area of medicine for me and my colleagues." Read Dr. Wu's complete biography at this link to CLDerm.com.
The post Body Positive Treatments Top 2016 Trends in Cosmetic Dermatology appeared first on Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego.